What Is Prohibited?
In the case of purchasing or renting housing: no one can take the following actions for reasons of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status or disability:
- Deny renting or selling housing
- Establish terms, conditions, or privileges different for the sale or rental of housing
- Provide different services or utilities
- Falsely deny the availability of housing for inspection, sale or rent
- Block-busting or panic-peddling
- Deny access to the brokerage of multiple listings or other services, memberships, and facilities related to the rent or sale of housing
- Deny or grant a mortgage
- Deny the provision of information regarding loans
- Place disparate terms or conditions in the loan
- Discriminate in the appraisal of a property
- And others
Bottom line is, if you're unsure - call us at the Fair Housing Center.
HUD fair housing infomation in other languages
Copyright 2014–2021 Central Ohio Fair Housing Association, Inc.